Display advertising is a type of Internet advertising that allows you to show your products and services to targeted audiences all over the internet. Display ads allow you to target specific websites, social networks, mobile apps and even search engines. Display ads can be used as a standalone campaign or in conjunction with other online or offline marketing strategies.
Display marketing can be used to promote goods and services, build brand awareness, advertise a sale or generate leads. There are many types of display marketing, but the most popular is online banner advertising – or display ads.
The main objective of display marketing is to get your message in front of as many people as possible. They are usually placed on websites relevant to your product/service so that you’re reaching customers that are interested in what you have to offer.
When choosing which type of display ad will work best for your campaign, consider the following:
Where will my ads be displayed?
A display ad can appear anywhere on a web page, from the top, bottom and sidebars to the actual article itself. Some websites even allow for interstitial pages (pop-ups) where the ad appears before you reach the website’s content.
You should also consider which websites, blogs, social media platforms and apps will give you the greatest visibility to the people most likely to be interested in your products and services. You can target people who have already shown interest in your business, those with similar interests and select sites and platforms where they spend the most time.
What will my ads look like?
Display ads come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They usually contain a large image, graphic and text, or rich media that include animation, videos, sound clips and other interactive elements. Because users choose whether to click on the ad, keep in mind that if you want a high click rate, you’ll need to create an image that really catches people’s attention. A specific call to action should be included to guide the viewer to complete a specific action, like “buy now,” or “sign up now” or “visit our website for more information.” Simply putting your product or service in front of people won’t give you the best results. Be clear on what you want them to do and make it easy for them to complete.
How much control do I have over my display ads?
You have a lot of control over your display ads to reach the right audience at the right time.
You can choose to:
– Target audiences based on people’s interests, such as hobbies and sports (for example, running or tennis). These ads will appear on sites that are relevant to these interests.
– Target audiences based on their location. You can include and exclude specific geographic areas large and small. But pay attention to the options. If you have a local flower shop in NYC, you would want to target people who “live in or visit your area frequently.” You wouldn’t want to show your ads to people that are just “interested in New York.”
– Target based on their device. For example, you can target people on mobile devices with ads for your app.
– With Display campaigns, you can also choose to include remarketing lists so that your ads show only to people who have already visited your site.
– Also, if you’re a local business with multiple locations, you can create location groups so that your ads are more relevant for customers near those locations.